The Commonwealth Games is only likely to appear in a city near you once in a lifetime – so now’s your opportunity to play your part, and gain some great experience too!
I’ve already blogged on the volunteering opportunities available at the Games, and very soon the paid opportunities for students are going to be up for grabs too.
Find out more by coming along to the presentation by the Glasgow 2014 Organising Committee next Monday 30th Sept. It’s your chance to ‘get ahead of the game’ by finding out about opportunities in advance of their release to the general public.
As well as being a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity to get involved with a global event, you’ll also be able develop your skills and experience in a wide range of different areas including-
- the Games Village
- Spectator Services
– useful if considering careers calling for customer focus, IT skills, teamwork, organisation, problem-solving, flexibility – and a whole host more relevant skills.
And while we’re on the subject of gaining experience, don’t forget to:
- check out the internship and work experience section of our website for ideas and opportunities
- get along to the range of Fairs and Employer Presentations which are imminent in October and find out what internships are on offer
- research the Third Sector Internships
- consider volunteering – a great way to gain skills, experience, and make a difference
- or if you fancy further afield – try Internships USA – and a whole host of other international opportunities via our Working Internationally links
So whether it’s at the Commonwealth Games or elsewhere, make sure that in 2014, you get the summer job of a lifetime.