Whether it’s your CV, application form or interview that you need support with – and most of us want some sort of reassurance on these important gateways to our future at some point – then we’ve got it covered – in many more ways than one!
We know you all learn things in different ways – some like to read, others watch, listen etc, so we offer support for all aspects of the job/course-securing process via:
- booklets to read – online or in hardcopy (collect from the Careers Service (CS))
- presentations to watch online via our website, or in person (check out dates via the Events section of MyCareerHub (MCH))
- streamed DVDs via our website
- individual feedback from Career Consultants via Standard Appointments – book via MCH
- reference books to read in the CS
- job/course interview feedback from students – available in hard copy at the CS or via the Resources section of MCH
- practice interviews with a Careers Consultant (book via MCH)
- Practice recorded interviews via the Careers channel on MyEd
….the list goes on…
Explore all the support we offer via the Applications and Interviews section of our website – and polish up your application and interviews now!
And finally – for the pictorially inclined – my colleague Matt alerted me to this great pictogram of crucial job interview tips – take a look now!
Oh, and I mentioned further study and PhDs applications in the title – check out our Further study section, and if it’s a PhD application for Edinburgh you’re interested in – don’t forget the sessions on offer from IAD – find out more via their IAD-for-Masters blogpost