Have you been considering teaching as a possible profession (lots of PPLS grads do – you’ll find some on the PPLS Graduate Stories website), but:
- not sure what’s involved from the other side of the desk;
- tentative to apply for a training course before you know what it’s really like to work in the classroom;
- not been able to find opportunities to build up your experience as an undergrad?
Well Try Teaching in England have launched an ideal internship for you! Known as a Graduate Teaching Internship it gives you the following advantages:
- you gain real work experience in a school
- it’s paid (£1200/month minimum)
- you develop career skills
- it confirms your interest in/suitability for teaching (not not – equally valid)
- can be the start of your journey to fully qualified status
You can start your internship in September, January or April, at the start of school terms, and they usually last from 1-3 terms
Find out more and register via the Try Teaching website
Plus check out related posts on careers in teaching via the tag cloud on the right.