Keen to work in Europe over the vacation, or after your studies, but not sure how to fund it? Read on!
Funding is available via the Erasmus scheme for students doing paid or unpaid traineeships (aka work! – your work in Europe does not have to have the label ‘traineeship‘.) in Europe.
Whats on offer?
- Grants worth €380-430€/month depending on host country
- 3 types of Erasmus traineeships:
– Compulsory – as part of your curriculum
– Voluntary – vacation/term breaks
– Graduate – following graduation
- Available to students from any subject and any level, including PhD for supervised research projects
- traineeship (work) of 2 months minimum, in an EEA or EU country (excluding the UK and Switzerland)
- Eligible host organisations include public, private or non-profit organisations, higher education institutions, charities, etc.
Find full details of the scheme at www.ed.ac.uk/international-office/go-abroad/work-abroad
Need help with finding opportunities?
- Start with MyCareerHub! – search for “Erasmus” in ‘Opportunities’ to find current vacancies eligible for funding – and don’t forget to look for expired vacancies for speculative approaches.
- Check our website resources for finding international experiences
BonVoyage! Gute Reise! Buon viaggio! ¡Buen viaje! Lycklig resa! …..